As a commitment to reinvigorating confidence and real options for breech I am currently offering workshops for ‘expenses only’ cost. This means if you can get a group of students or qualified health professionals together, ideally between 8-15 people, then I will travel to you and facilitate a 4/5hr breech skills workshop.
Here is what’s I can offer:
- I have been a midwife for nearly 20yrs and have worked in all types of maternity care settings and home
- I am a qualified teacher and for over 10yrs have taught breech birth skills, with upright breech skills being the norm, to midwives, obstetricians and students
- I have clinical experience of supporting breech births, both upright and other positions. Most breech births I have attended have been straightforward but a few have needed help
- I have completed 2 research studies on breech, and finished my PhD on the experience of breech birth in 2015.
- I learn from women and other birth workers continually; experiences and stories are strong and important part of birth skills knowledge
I believe learning should be accessible and practical and teaching clear, memorable (in a good way!) and honest.
I believe breech skills are like all birth skills; they have fundamentals in basic physiology and anatomy, recognising when some births need help and having a toolkit of things to provide that assistance keeps mums and babies as safe as possible.
I believe breech birth does not need to be high-risk obstetric-led but is a birth that does best with teamwork, support and respect.
Contact me and we can have a chat: firstname.lastname@example.org
See what other people say about the workshop here